Sunday, February 22, 2015

On the Plane to the USA: Some Final Thoughts

What an experience! I met some wonderful and insightful educators from Massachusetts whom I travelled with for ten days.  Every trip I take to another culture makes me realize how important this is: to understand people in our country and around the world and how they live and think, to be exposed to so many ways of life, ideas, and ways of life in general. We are all people; mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, friends, co-workers, and/or neighbors. We need to be life long learners and to be open to other cultures and beliefs than our own. The Costa Rican people we came across were lovely, especially our tour guide, Jimmy Alvarado Garcia. He is a spiritual, calm, charming, and knowledgeable human being who is passionate about his country, it's leaders, people, animals and traditions.


Together, our group of 20 educators learned so much from him. I will never forget this meaningful and enriching adventure in my life and I can't wait to bring it into the lives of others, both students and adults when I get home. As we said all throughout our trip in Costa Rica, "Pura Vida!", or in English, "Life is Good!" Let's celebrate that! I know these six Marshfield educators will be doing just that.




No comments:

Post a Comment